This article describes how to setup and configure a Zentera ZNS appliance from AWS Marketplace.
- Launch an ZNS instance from AWS Marketplace. Ensure that the ZNS has a public IP address.
- Ensure that the Security Group and ACL has the following ports open:
- 443/tcp from 0.0.0.0/0. This port is used to establish data connections.
- 4433/tcp inbound from your zCenter appliance. This port is used by zCenter to establish a control channel for management of the ZNS.
- 22/tcp. Ssh is used to configure the ZNS node; choose a suitable source IP address range.
Configuring the ZNS
zCenter Portal Configuration
- Login to your zCenter portal and navigate to "Advanced Management > Service Management > ZNS Clustering"
- If you have not yet created a ZNS Cluster, click "Create a new ZNS Cluster". Enter a name for your new cluster, and click the OK button.
- Click "Add ZNS Node" link for the cluster
- Enter the public IP address of the ZNS instance in "Control Channel IP / Hostname" and "Preferred Data Path IP / Hostname"
- Click "OK"
- Click "Show Info" link for the node created
- Select and copy the "ZNS ID to enable cluster in zCLI" key (red text)
Enabling the ZNS Instance
Login to the ZNS instance (ec2-user) and run the following commands:
sudo ./cluster.sh enable --mcg-host=<zcenter URL> --shared-key=<ZNS ID>
Note: ZNS ID is the key copied from zCenter in step 7 above.
If the procedure is successful, you will see a green Status indicator in the zCenter portal.
Disabling the ZNS Instance
If you need to disable the ZNS instance, you may run the following command:
sudo ./cluster.sh disable